ascribable to a policy that grants Texas residents who finish in the acme 10 % of their high school class automatic pistol entree, roughly two-thirds of attendees hail from the top decile. As a result, contest for the remaining spot tends to be fierce .
Given the increasing level of competition in the bay to become an Aggie, students very need to do their homework before submitting the application. Toward that aim, this article will provide applicants with :
1 ) A deep-dive into just how highly-selective the Texas A & M admissions march truly is.
2 ) Data that will help you better assess how you measure up to the rival .
3 ) How the A & M admissions committee operates and what they look for in a successful campaigner .
To accomplish these goals we will touch on the surveil topics :
- Texas A&M’s Class of 2025 acceptance rate
- SAT, ACT, and class rank of accepted A&M applicants
- Admissions trends from the Class of 2025
- The demographics of current Texas A&M undergraduates
- Texas A&M’s yield rate
- How A&M’s admissions officers evaluate candidates
- Tips for applying to Texas A&M
- How to assess whether applying to A&M is even worth the $75 application fee (for you)
Let ’ s begin with an examination of the most holocene admissions data .
Texas A&M: Acceptance Rate – Class of 2025
A & M received 43,307 applications for a place in the class of 2025, the third-highest sum in school history ; 28,705 were admitted for an adoption rate of 61 % .
For the course of 2024 ( most recent data available ), the in-state credence rate was 64 % compared with a 58 % adoption rate for out-of-state applications .
All students must apply using the ApplyTexas platform or Coalition Application by December 1st at the identical latest, but students can apply deoxyadenosine monophosphate early on as August 1. Engineering students should always aim to meet the early action deadline of 10/15 .
Texas A&M Admissions – SAT, ACT, and Class Rank
The middle-50 % reading SAT scores for the classify of 2024 were 580-680 ; the mathematics range was 580-700. SATs were submitted by 61 % of applicants. ACTs were submitted by 39 % of applicants and the middle-50 % ACT Composite score was 25-32. The average ACT Composite sexual conquest was 28 and the mean SAT score was 1272. An impressive 66 % of those attending placed in the top 10 % of their high school class while 92 % were in the top quartile .
Admissions Trends & Notes
- Students who are in the top 10% of the high school class earn automatic admission into A&M. Prior to 2021, students could be in the top 25%.
- 25% of those accepted into the Texas A&M of 2025 are the first member of their family to attend college.
- 21% of incoming students were awarded Pell Grants.
- Just 1% of current undergrads are international students.
- There were 249 National Merit Finalists in the Class of 2025, a 30% increase from the previous year.
Who Gets Into Texas A&M?
Let ’ s spirit at the demographics of the Aggie Class of 2025 :
Most A & M students hailed from the Lone Star State and paid in-state tuition. The sum geographic breakdown is as follows .
- Number of enrolled in-state students (Class of 2025): 10,519.
- Number of enrolled out-of-state students (Class of 2025): 506
Looking at cultural identity by gender, the dislocation of the entire Aggie class of 2025, the dislocation is as follows :
Read more: IELTS Training Centre in Dubai
- Asian American: 14%
- White: 56%
- Hispanic: 23%
- African American: 2%
- International: 1%
- Multiracial: 4%
- Asian American: 11%
- White: 56%
- Hispanic: 26%
- African American: 3%
- International: 1%
- Multiracial: 3%
The breakdown by sex shows more men than women enrolled at A & M :
- Male: 53%
- Female: 47%
Students in the class of 2025 came from the postdate locations :
- Number of US high schools: 1,281
- Number of Texas counties: 192
- Number of US States: 44
Texas A&M’s Yield Rate
A & M ’ s yield rate—the percentage of accept students who elect to enroll, divided by the total issue of students who are admitted was 49 % last year. To compare this school to other ace public STEM-focused institutions, Georgia Tech is at 41 %, Virginia Tech has a 33 % yield, and Purdue is at just 23 % .
How Texas A&M Rates Applicants
There are five factors that Texas A & M ranks as being “ very significant ” to their admissions process : severity of secondary school record, class rank, GPA, extracurricular activities, and talent/ability. Essays, first-generation status, geographic residence, state residency, volunteer make, and study experience are rated as “ crucial ” .
In the admissions position ’ s own words : “ If you do not qualify for top 10 %, but meet the State of Texas Uniform entree Policy, your lotion charge, which includes all factors you noted, will be reviewed in a holistic manner. academic factors include all high school courses attempted and grades earned, asperity of coursework, GPA and class rate. Non-academic factors include affair in extracurricular activities, residential district servicing, leadership, employment and summer activities equally well as extraordinary opportunities, challenges and hardships experienced during high school career. ”
Possessing a ace acrobatic program, it most decidedly helps if you are recruited as an athlete to join one of A & M ’ s 20 Division I sports teams. There are approximately 650 scholar athletes competing at A & M and 75 % experience some horizontal surface of eruditeness. In general, recruit athletes possessed GPAs and SATs far below the average for the pool of general admits .
Tips for Applying to Texas A&M
If you plan on joining the 43,000+ Aggie aspirant for the next admissions cycle, you should know the take after :
- While a holistic process, A&M does not offer interviews.
- Texas A&M does consider “demonstrated interest” so be sure to take steps toward that aim.
- Make sure to dedicate sufficient time and effort to the supplemental essays required by Texas A&M. In the 2021-22 cycle, you will encounter a number of essays prompts, so save plenty of time prior to the deadline to write, revise, and polish your responses.
This class ’ randomness prompts are as follows :
- Tell us your story. What unique opportunities or challenges have you experienced throughout your high school career that have shaped who you are today? (Required, 500 – 750 words)
- If there are additional personal challenges, hardships, or opportunities (including COVID related experiences) that have shaped or impacted your abilities or academic credentials, which you have not already written about, please note them in the space below. (Optional)
- Texas A&M University believes that diversity is an important part of academic excellence and that it is essential to living our core values. Describe the benefits of diversity and inclusion for you and for the Texas A&M campus community. Please share any personal experiences that have shaped your views. (Required)
- Tell us about the person who has most impacted your life and why. (Required)
- Describe a life event which you feel has prepared you to be successful in college. (Required)
- You have selected a major in the College of Engineering for either your first or second choice major; therefore, please address the following prompt: Describe your academic and career goals in the broad field of engineering (including computer science, industrial distribution, and engineering technology). What and/or who has influenced you either inside or outside the classroom that contributed to these goals? It is important to spend time addressing this question as it will be considered as part of the engineering review process. If you have chosen an engineering major for both your first and second choice majors, you will see the same question twice and may provide the same response to both questions. (Required for Engineering applicants)
Should I Apply to Texas A&M?
Getting into Texas A & M has never been more a selective process, as it now requires either a ) eat up in the lead 10 % of your Texas-based high educate course or b ) possessing early supremely impressive attributes that blow aside admissions committee. As such, all students need to make sure that they formulate an allow college tilt, containing a complement of “ target ” and “ guard ” schools. You ’ ll decidedly want to do this in collaboration with an admissions professional who is mindful of the latest trends and strategies associated with your prospective colleges.
Dave has over a ten of professional have that includes work as a teacher, high school administrator, college professor, and independent educational adviser. He is a co-author of the books The Enlightened College Applicant ( Rowman & Littlefield, 2016 ) and Colleges Worth Your Money ( Rowman & Littlefield, 2020 ) .