Katherine “ Kat ” Gritton, and Summer Gish are advocate designated to assist our scholar athletes on planning their educational travel. Before you meet with one of them, we encourage you to take some time to finish the six steps listed below. By completing these steps to “ GETTING STARTED at Cuesta, ” your meet with the advocate will be more productive .
If you get stuck or need aid at any of these steps listed below, we have registration specialist that are here to help you. You can visit with them via Zoom. here is the connection to our virtual Lobby. once on the Virtual Lobby page, select ENROLLMENT SERVICES ( ADMISSIONS ) .
RECRUITS. Here are the steps to “Getting Started at Cuesta.”
Reading: Cuesta College
STEP 1 – accomplished Cuesta on-line Admission Application
- This is a two-part process.
- Create an Account- username/password
- Complete the Online Application/Fall 2021
If looking for assistance with completing admission application, please join our virtual workshop Monday and Thursday 2pm-4pm .
STEP 2 – complete our on-line Orientation – access through your myCuesta account .
- You will receive an e-mail from Cuesta with your student ID# (900——) and your myCuesta portal information that has your username and password.
- You access the Online Orientation in your myCuesta account/ www.my.cuesta.edu using this username/password.
- Once in your myCuesta account, you will scroll down to the ‘PICK YOUR SERVICE’ AND select box titled ‘ONLINE ORIENTATION.’
STEP 3 . – Complete “Pre Registration and Counseling Orientation.” This Virtual Orientation will walk you through information about your myCuesta Portal, how to change your major, how to find out what classes you need to take for that major, how to sign up and register for classes. AND by arrant the Cougar Welcome Day Orientation, your priority adjustment date will move improving .
- “Pre Registration and Counseling Orientation,” you access in your myCuesta portal through the CAVAS box. Once you completed the Online Orientation you will be directed to this orientation in your myCuesta Portal.
STEP 4 – Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Assistance ( FAFSA ) – ALL first time freshmen are eligible for free tuition at a California Community College, but you must complete the FAFSA. transfer students should besides do this step .
STEP 5 – Send ALL Transcripts AND AP scores to Cuesta College
- ALL College/University Coursework (If you haven’t attended another college, then skip this step)
- This includes community college classes you completed while in high school.
- AP Scores – please request AP scores be sent to Cuesta. Here is the link to CollegeBoard.
- IF you need assistance requesting transcripts from other colleges OR AP scores, visit with our Enrollment Specialist/Admission via Zoom.
Once you complete STEPS 1-5 above, please make a virtual appointment with Kat or Summer. You will need your myCuesta username and password .
STEP 6 – Make a virtual appointee with Katherine “ Kat ” Gritton or Summer Gish to schedule classes
To make a 45 minute Zoom Appointment:
Select this Counseling Appointment yoke, once on the Counseling Appointment page, scroll till you see “ General Student Appointment, ” or “ Student Athlete/International Student Appointment. ” Kat/Summer agenda is listed in both areas. once you select one of those appointment liaison, you will be directed to log in using your myCuesta username/password, next blue-ribbon any argue code. You will then see counselor names, select “ Katherine Gritton/Summer Gish, ” then select day/time that works for you .
Make an appointment – virtually or by phone?
How to make a virtual appointment with Counselor, Kat Gritton or Summer Gish-
Read more: MyBlinn Account Login Guide – LoginTips
Select this Counseling Appointment yoke, once on the Counseling Appointment page, scroll till you see “ General Student Appointment, ” or “ Student Athlete/International Student Appointment. ” Kat/Summer schedule is listed in both areas. once you select one of those date yoke, you will be directed to log in using your myCuesta username/password, following choose any reason code. You will then see counselor names, select “ Katherine Gritton/Summer Gish, ” then select day/time that works for you .
How to make a Phone appointment with Counselor Kat Gritton or Summer Gish-
call ( 805 ) 546-3138 or ( 805 ) 546-3162 – share that you are a scholar -athlete and want to make an appointment with “ Kat ” or “ Summer. ”