Interested in HFC Student Council? Representatives always welcome to join. Bi-weekly meetings open to the HFC Student Body. Join us to see what Student Council is all about.
2021-22 Student Council members first row from Top L to R: Kay Peter, Layan Srour, Keven Metushi, Bottom L to R: Maherr Jaeran, Mira Yaghi, Dia Camara, Faculty Advisor Vicki Shepherd not shown
2020-21 Members – Virtual Office Hours available by appointment:
- Kay Peter – President firstname.lastname@example.org
- Layan Srour–Vice Chair email@example.com
- Keven Metushi–Secretary/Treasurer firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maherr Jaeran-Communication email@example.com
- Mira Yaghi–Representative firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dia Camara-Representative email@example.com
Student Council Meetings are open to all students. Meetings will be held every other Friday at 11 am. Upcoming dates are April 1 and 15.
2021-22 Student Council members first row from Top L to R : Kay Peter, Layan Srour, Keven Metushi, Bottom L to R : Maherr Jaeran, Mira Yaghi, Dia Camara, Faculty Advisor Vicki Shepherd not shown Please note the connect for the April 1 meet is https : //zoom.us/j/91689644714 ? pwd=ZXhLTmlEZndvK2VuZ3dEL3lZdktrZz09
Click here to add your thoughts and suggestions for Student Council Student Council Suggestion Box
Reading: Student Council
UPCOMING EVENTS – Everyone Welcome!
Get Together! Open Social Tuesday ‘s 4-530 PM – the adjacent session is March. 22. Following sessions April 5 and 19th. Students must register for the event. Join self Expressions
Read more: English
2022-2023 Election for Student Council HFC Student Council is seeking new members for 2022-23. An election will be held March 21 – 26. Please fill out an application and send to Kay Peter knpeter @ hawkmail.hfcc.edu before March 5. You may besides email the HFC Student Council questions to studentcouncil.hfc @ gmail.com.
The Student Council will host an assailable Forum February 18th to discuss candidates ‘ questions, or any early questions students may have. Link above .
scholar Council Positions outlined on the What We Do page on the right panel of the Student Council Page .
The Purpose of HFC’s Student Council is:
- To enhance the quality of student life through effective representation of the HFC student body;
- To provide an organized means of expression for HFC students; and
- To represent the students’ perspective on various College committees as they pertain to students’ interests.
The HFC Student Council is currently seeking energetic students who want to lead and serve. Student Council Representatives always welcome!
Requirements for Candidates
- All candidates must have a minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 2.5; and
- Cannot be a member of the HFC Board of Trustees, the College Alumni Association, the College Foundation or The Mirror News.
If Elected, Student Council Members Must:
- Maintain a minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 2.5;
- Complete a minimum of six credits each semester;
- Maintain integrity and comply with the HFC Student Code of Conduct; and
- Serve on a College committee.
Look for information about the Student Council Elections for 2022-23 school year in January.
For extra information or questions, please contact Victoria Shepherd, staff adviser to HFC ’ s Student Council, at 313-845-6487 or vashepherd @ hfcc.edu, or the Student Council President Kay Peter knpeter @ hawkmail.hfcc.edu .