Table of Contents
African Hair Braiding in Dallas & Grand Prairie, TX
With over 20 years of experience, there isn’t much that the professionals at Beauty Concepts Salon hasn’t seen or dealt with. You can get any hair’s-breadth service you need. From relaxers to African hair braiding to entire or partial highlights, we do it all inside these four walls ! not only do we focus on top notch hair styles, but our number one precedence is 100 % customer satisfaction. If you ’ re not glad, we aren ’ metric ton successful .
know is the best teacher and we have plenty of that. So if you’re in Dallas or Grand Prairie, TX, looking for a one stop shop salon, Beauty Concepts Salon is the only name you need to know. indeed don ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate hesitate to give us a call 817-724-9059. We ’ ll have you feeling like a new person !
Get Connected :
Signature Hair and African Braid Styles
Box braids are completed using a alone four strand braiding technique with extensions and boxlike separate at the client ’ sulfur scalp. The hair is completely braided from the scalp to the end of the braid .
Braided weaves offer clients a singular expressive style in which the hair is braided up to one column inch and the perch of the extensions left loose and flowing .
Weaves are the perfection options for clients seeking to add fullness or length to their natural hair. Full sew-in or fond sew-in ( tracks ) options are available .
With this singular hair extensions technique, the hair is knotted or threaded at the infrastructure, leaving the respite of the extensions flowing. It has many attributions including italian knots or elastic fusion .
Cornrows are a flat braid technique in which the hair is braided closely to the scalp in narrow strips from the base to the peak of the hair. They can be done with a customer ’ randomness natural hair or with extensions .
Crochet braids are a low care vogue created using a cornrow root, then completed by adding natural-looking, or kinky, extensions .
Dreadlocks are a natural expressive style achieved by creating intentionally matted coils of hair. Locks may be worn in many ways and include mini or large rope-like tresses .
This style is achieved using far-out or kanekalon extensions and a tight wrap proficiency that mimics the appearance of natural dreadlocks.
Havana twists are a larger version of senegalese twists, and are typically done using natural-looking, kinky, or synthetic extensions .
We offer most of our touch African braid styles for children of all ages .
Kinky twists are a low-maintenance style created using natural-looking or “ crisp ” synthetic extensions .
Micro braid styles are completed using a proficiency in which only the haircloth foundation is braided .
This beautiful style of retentive, elegant twists originated from the west african country Senegal .
Single braids are done using a proficiency that includes long or short extensions used to braid the customer ’ s hair from the scalp to the end of he braid .
This braid method that combines fond cornrows and a fully capitulum of extensions, leaving clients with free, hang tresses .
Maintaining Your Braids or Twists
A big mistake that a lot people make once they get they’re braids is not maintaining them. Braids can be considered to be a protective manner, but your natural hair’s-breadth has to get some T.L.C. to remain strong and healthy. here at Beauty Concepts Salon, we ’ re all about promoting the heath and growth of your hair. This is why we offer consultations and solutions for your haircloth including hot oil treatments, protein treatments, deep conditioners, and more.
But as you know there are things that you can and should do to take care of your hair, particularly when you ’ ve choose to go with a braided style. here are a couple of tips to ensure that your braids look good, final long, and your real haircloth continues to thrive .
- Avoid Pulling Too Tightly: The constant tension that comes pulling at your hair can be quite damaging to your hair, specifically your hairline, which is the the weakest area of your entire head. Consistently pulling at it can cause it to become even more weak, resulting in breakage and no one wants that. Instead, be gentle when handling your braids or twists and avoid doing too many up dos.
- Don’t Leave Your Braids In Too Long: Braids and twists are considered to be a type of protective style, but if left in too long, they can become quite damaging. These styles are meant to be temporary. We recommend the you keep the style for up to six to ten weeks, depending on the style. are considered to be a type of protective style, but if left in besides retentive, they can become quite damage. These styles are meant to be temp. We recommend the you keep the style for up to six to ten weeks, depending on the dash .
- Moisturize & Seal Your Hair: Moisturizing your hair is another key to maintaining the integrity of your hair, with or without braids. We recommend starting out with a moisturizer of your choice, whether it be homemade, store bought, or just regular water. Then be sure to seal that hydration in will some type of oil or or sealing product. This will ensure that your hair remains soft and supple instead of dry and brittle.
- Moisturize Your Scalp: At the base of moisturized healthy hair is a moisturized scalp. Think of your hair as a plant. Without hydrated soil, the plant can not thrive and the same goes for your scalp and hair. So make sure that you moisturize your scalp at least once a day with a little H2O.
- Protect Your Hair When Going To Bed: Covering your head with a satin scarf, bonnet, or even sleeping on a satin pillowcase helps keep your edges in tact and your hair from drying out. Cotton soaks up moisture, therefore a cotton pillow case extracts the moisture from your hair and scalp.
- Wash Your Braids: Some may think that you aren’t able to wash your own hair when you have it styled with braids. This is false. There is buildup that can form on your scalp from everyday dirt, sweat, etc. that has to be cleansed. You having braids does not allow you a pass to go without washing your hair.
Your hair is your crown and it should be treated as such. Don ’ thyroxine go on neglecting your beautiful mane. If you need any help or steering in maintaining your braids or even your natural hair, call us today ! Beauty Concepts Salon is hera to serve the entire Dallas and Grand Prairie, TX area. Reach us at 817-724-9059.