So below is our easy-to-follow guidelines on how to use the facebook logo or icon in your commercialize collateral .
For the most contribution, Facebook ‘s list of general guidelines that explain what is acceptable when using the Facebook Branding Assets ( the ‘ like ’ button and Facebook logo ) have remained largely the same. here are the most authoritative factors from the social network ‘s update guidelines :
- You cannot use the Facebook brand in a way that implies partnership, sponsorship or endorsement from them
- You are not allowed to combine any part of the Facebook brand with your name, marks or generic terms
- You cannot use trademarks, names, domain names, logos or other content that imitates or could be confused with Facebook
- You are not allowed to present Facebook in a way that makes it the most distinctive or prominent feature of what you’re creating
- You are not allowed to use any icons, images or trademarks to represent Facebook other than what is found on the Facebook resource center
- You cannot assert rights over the Facebook brand whether by trademark registration, domain name registration or anything else
- You cannot feature Facebook on materials associated with pornography, illegal activities, or other materials that violate the Facebook Terms
- You are not allowed to modify Facebook brand assets in any way, such as by changing the design or colour
- Ensure you keep enough space around Facebook brand assets so they appear clear and uncluttered
Facebook ‘like’ button
Facebook continues to permit the practice of the ‘like ‘ release logo to be used in connection with their ‘ like ’ button social plugin. additionally, you can still use the ‘ like ’ button in offline advertise such as print. however, under no circumstances can the ‘ like ’ button be integrated into on-line ad, even if it ‘s a Facebook ad. even when using the ‘Like ‘ button, it needs to be accompanied with the parole ‘Like ‘ – it is not allowed be used in leiu of that wiord. A pair of other points worth remembering are :
- You can scale the size of the button, but you cannot modify it in any other way, nor can you obscure it
- An unmodified button can be used in any way for offline communications, but you need to accompany it with the word ‘Like’
If you can ’ t use the ‘ like ’ release, there are ways that you can encourage people to ‘like ‘ your page. These include :
- Whether you’re using online or offline media, you can tell people to ‘like’ your Facebook page – this can also now be included on your brand page’s cover photo
- You can pair a “Like us on Facebook” message with Facebook’s ‘f’ logo.
- You can also pair their ‘thumbs-up’ logo with the ‘f’ logo. However, using the ‘thumbs-up’ logo without a paired ‘f’ logo is not allowed.
- Your “Like us on Facebook” message cannot be a clickable action that does the same thing as someone clicking on a ‘like’ button, but rather should link to your Facebook Page.
In general, Facebook does not allow the use of the wax ‘facebook ‘ logo. What is allowed, however, is the function of Facebook ’ s ‘ fluorine ’ logo. It can be used outside of Facebook to refer to your Facebook Page, group, and applications you offer on Facebook. The guidelines for use of the ‘f ‘ logo are basically the lapp now as they were a class ago .
The guidelines surrounding the use of this logo are as follows :
Read more: Facebook may ask for photo ID, bank statement, even medical record as proof of identity: Money Matters
- The audience should clearly understand the context that surrounds the ‘f’ logo (e.g. “Like us on Facebook”)
- You are not allowed to link the ‘f’ logo to the Facebook login page.
- As with the ‘like’ button, you can resize the logo, but you cannot modify it under any other means. According to revised guidelines, you are no longer allowed to change the logo colour to black and white.
For merchandising, Facebook will normally not permit the habit of its trademarks, logos and other intellectual property. This besides covers clothing, hats, mugs, dolls, toys, etc. For broadcast ( television receiver or film production ) a requestion submission using Facebook ’ s Permission request form is required .
Where to access Facebook brand assets
To access Facebook ‘s mark assets, you can visit Facebook ‘s Brand Resource Centre. There you ‘ll see the unlike sword assets that can be used. When clicking on one to download, you can check out its guidelines to know how you can and can not use that detail asset across diverse media platforms .
margin Media is an inbound marketing company based in Brisbane. We offer a range of digital marketing solutions to help your business increase its website traffic, qualified leads and customer base. To find out more about our services, give us a call on 1300 798 848 or visit our contact page .
Category : News