Frequently Asked Questions | Physician Assistant Studies

COVID-19 Specific Questions
Do you accept Pass/No Pass courses for prerequisites?
We presently accept Pass/No Pass grades for our statistics and psychology/sociology prerequisites. In light of the situation, we will accept Pass/No Pass grades for our skill prerequisites that were taken in 2020 as well. We will not accept skill pass/no base on balls courses taken in any early class .
My institution just went to all online courses, will you accept those?

Yes, we have constantly accepted on-line coursework and lab from any regionally accredit institution .
My Patient Care Experience, shadowing or volunteer experiences have been altered due to COVID-19, how can I let you know that in the application? 
CASPA has added an optional test interview so that applicants can describe the ways COVID-19 has impacted them. It besides asks for how COVID-19 has impacted students academically and personally. We will take that information into consideration in the review summons .
Will health screener, COVID-19 screener and contact tracer be accepted as Patient Care Experience? 
While those experiences can be of value to you in your path to become a PA, we will not be accepting those hours as Patient Care Experience. If those are only a part of your job duties and the other duties are more traditional, than potentially we will accept those hours. For any questions about Patient Care Experience, please e-mail Leah Baldwin : leahbaldwin @ .
In light of COVID-19, will you be accepting remote patient care experiences?
We will review remote patient care experiences on a event by case basis. In general, if the job duties are basically the lapp and we already consider them as patient care experience ( as in scribing ) we will accept it .
Standard Frequently Asked Questions
When did the PA program start?
Pacific University ’ randomness School of Physician Assistant Studies brought in their first class in 1997 and they graduated in 1999. The program was moved to the newly constructed Health Professions Campus in Hillsboro, OR in 2006 .
Is the program accredited?
The Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant ( ARC-PA ) has granted Accreditation-Continued condition to the Pacific University Physician Assistant Program. Accreditation-Continued is an accreditation condition granted when a presently accredited plan is in conformity with the ARC-PA Standards .
What type of degree does this program offer?
Upon the successful completion of the 27-month continuous program, graduates will receive a master of science in doctor adjunct studies degree .
Do you offer a bachelor’s level PA program?
No we do not offer a bachelor ’ south program. Please see details about our knight bachelor degree completion program for those wishing to enter our master ’ randomness level program without a knight bachelor ’ s degree .
What is unique about your didactic curriculum?
The didactic course of study is organized into blocks to allow for a comprehensive examination and integrate approach to learning medicine across the life by organ system. There is a firm stress on critical think, problem clear, case-based memorize and tell based clinical practice. Each clinical medicine module contains anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, clinical skills, lab studies, study of disease states, pharmacology, behavioral music, hindrance medicine, and attest based healthcare ( EBHC ). Please visit our course of study page for more details .
Where are your clinical rotations?
Our clinical rotations are located throughout the United States. While they are primarily in the western one-half of the US, we do offer rotations in Alaska, Hawaii and the east coast as well. Our clinical team works with each individual scholar to establish a plan for their rotations. Their first priority is making certain each scholar receives the department of education they need to graduate and be a successful clinician. Geographic and specialization preferences are then taken into consideration but can not be guaranteed. It is not possible for any student to have their clinical rotations in one placement and students are expected to travel. The School believes that a scholar is better prepared by having the opportunity to practice with a kind of affected role demographics. International rotations are offered and students apply to complete one during their clinical class if desired .
Do I have to move to Hillsboro, OR?
Yes, our didactic course of study is taught in person at our Hillsboro Health Professions Campus and not online .
When do you start a new class?
We bring in a new course once a class and they begin at the conclusion of May. The plan is approximately 27 months in distance so graduation takes topographic point in August .
What’s your class size?
We start a modern class of 60 students each class .
Do you offer a cadaver lab?
Yes, our pennsylvania students use and have access to our Human Anatomy Lab with cadavers here on our Hillsboro campus. The Lab is shared by all of our health profession programs .
Do I need a completed bachelor’s degree to apply?
A Bachelor ‘s Degree is not required, but is often obtained prior to matriculation. Please see details about our bachelor degree completion broadcast for those wishing to enter our overlord ’ s level plan without a knight bachelor ’ s degree .
What type of experience qualifies for the minimum 1,000 hours of direct patient care?
Please review the information found here for Patient Care Experience .
A minimal of 1,000 hours of aim ( hands-on ) affected role care/health care have in a position of duty is required of all applicants. Shadow know with a doctor adjunct may count towards the necessity, but will not fulfill the requirement completely .
Please notice : The Admissions Committee will consider the full number of hours accumulated “ at the time ” you submit your CASPA application .
No retainer will be given to hours projected for the future .
If you have questions regarding your hours, please contact Leah Baldwin at leahbaldwin @ .
How do I document my patient contact experience?
The method to document this feel is through the CASPA on-line application.

Does all of my direct clinical patient care experience need to be completed by the time I apply to the program?
Yes, you must have completed at least 1,000 hours of direct patient care experience when your application is submitted. The committee will not accept hours projected for the future .
How can I make sure I’ve taken the correct prerequisites?
We recommend completing and submitting the prerequisite worksheet with a copy of your unofficial transcripts for reappraisal by the Graduate Admissions contact ( Leah Baldwin ) for the program. The prerequisite worksheet can be downloaded and printed. Instructions are included on the worksheet of how to submit it .
When do prerequisites need to be completed?
In holy order for students to be eligible to enter the plan, prerequisites must be completed by December 31st of the class prior to submission. For example, if a scholar is concern in starting our program in May 2023, prerequisites must be completed by December 31, 2022 .
Is there a time limitation on the required prerequisite coursework?
Anatomy and Physiology courses must have been completed within seven years of matriculation ( the startle of the platform ). other course work and degree completion has no time limit. We ask applicants to use their best judgment in ensuring their ability to understand the foundational concepts of biota, anatomy, physiology, chemistry and statistics in training for the program .
Do you offer any waiver for the seven year expiration of Anatomy and Physiology?
We do not offer any release or exemption of the seven year Anatomy and Physiology passing. We feel students are most successful when they have had an academic class of Anatomy and Physiology recently .
What can I do if my Anatomy and Physiology has expired?
You do not need to take the integral series over again. We will accept one course or one term as a refresher course. You can take a standalone Anatomy ( with lab ) course or a standalone Physiology ( no lab required ) class. You can besides take one term of a blend course ( the entire serial is not required ) .
Will you accept community college credit or online credit?
We will accept accredit arsenic long as the institution is regionally accredited and the course is the allow floor .
Do you require the GRE, MCAT, CASPer or PA-CAT to apply to the program? Will my application be more competitive if I take any of those tests?
No, our plan does not require any of those tests to apply. While the CASPA application will allow applicants to submit test scores, the Admissions Committee does not consider this information within its evaluation of an application .
Do you require a minimum GPA to apply to the program?
Yes. The Biology, Chemistry and Physics ( BCP ), GPA and the final 45 credits GPA must be above a 3.0 to be eligible .
What if my GPA is below the minimum requirements?
Pacific University will not review applications that do not meet minimal criteria .
What are your average GPAs?
Pacific focuses on two independent GPAs ; the Science BCP GPA and the end 45 credits GPA. For both, the average is normally around a 3.60 to 3.80. Check our class profile for more data .
Is Pacific University on rolling admissions?
no, we are not on rolling admissions. An applicant is not more competitive if they submit their materials early. All applicants who meets the deadlines will have the same luck at an consultation .
Do I fill out the CASPA first and then will Pacific send me the Supplemental Application?
No, both are available on this web site. Pacific needs to receive both applications before evaluation and an applicant can submit the applications in any orderliness .
When will I hear from the program?
We do not utilize a roll admissions process. It ‘s possible that an applicant will not hear from us until after the deadlines have passed and throughout the fall/winter. All communication will come to the electronic mail you gave to CASPA. To ensure notifications are received, designate donotreply @ and @ as “ dependable ” sources on your e-mail touch list. This will avoid your inbox from filtering crucial messages as SPAM .
Is there a difference in tuition if I am an in-state resident or an out-of-state resident?
Pacific University is a private liberal arts institution which does not require in-state residence or hold a preference for in-state candidates. Our tutelage fees are the like for all applicants, in-state or out-of-state .
If I am an internationally trained medical professional, what steps must I take to apply?
We require all international students to obtain a valid and stream F-1 visa or have permanent residency in the United States to apply to our program. In addition, all international based education must be evaluated by a credentials evaluator such as World Education Services, Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute or Education Credential Evaluators .
In addition, external students may need to prove english proficiency .
What resources does the program provide for financial aid, housing, health insurance, student life, etc.?
We recommend completing a FAFSA application starting January 1 for the academic year you intend to enroll in our program. The FAFSA application can be completed at the FAFSA web site. Pacific University is a player in the Federal Family Education Loan Program ( FFELP ) which provides subsidize and unsubsidized loans to students based on want. You can find more details through the Office of Financial Aid .
In addition, the Pacific University School of Physician Assistant Studies program offers a competitive Community Service Scholarship to four entrance students each year. Students apply for this after they start classes in the PA program .
Our calibrate students broadly reside in off-campus house within Hillsboro and the surrounding communities. once admitted into the program, inner resource network and housing opportunities are shared amongst current students. Pacific does not have any on-campus house opportunities in Hillsboro.

Pacific University offers a wide and comprehensive variety of resources including healthcare and guidance services, handiness & adjustment services, scholar government and outdoor recreational programs .
If I have questions about the program or process, who can I contact?
Please call or electronic mail Leah Baldwin, Associate Director of Graduate and Professional Admissions : 503-352-7224, leahbaldwin @ .

generator :
Category : Education


Related articles

Why Study Geography? Things to Know Before Choosing a Major

Geography is a highly significant yet most overlooked subject...

Biggest Social Media Platforms as Per User Base

The web is the sacred lifeline of industrial development...

AniMixPlay Review – Is AniMixPlay Safe?

AniMixPlay is a website where you can watch anime...

TweakVip and Offroad Outlaws

There are several applications that make your life more...

The Benefits of Green Buildings

The term green building can be used to describe...