function 365 is a popular cloud-based office suite, offering a complete set of Microsoft productiveness apps, OneDrive swarm storage, e-mail, and other utilitarian business-oriented features.
Reading: How to Back up Office 365 Emails
Like any other boastfully arrangement, Office 365 is vulnerable to outages, service disruptions, and human error, which is why backing up your bill is strongly recommended .
This tutorial will teach you how to back up your Office 365 mailbox using native and third-party solutions.
• An Office 365 account
• Office 365 account admin privileges ( for Content Search eDiscovery method )
How to Back up Office 365 Personal Email
Outlook enables you to export the contents of your mailbox directly to a PST file. This backup method acting is utilitarian for backing up your personal e-mail accounts .
- On the Outlook File page, select Open & Export.
2. blue-ribbon Import/Export in the menu that appears .
3. blue-ribbon Export to a file .
4. blue-ribbon Next to proceed .
5. Choose the Outlook Data File (.pst) option .
6. choice Next to proceed .
7. Select the postbox you want to back up .
8. Select the Include subfolders checkbox to export the entire mailbox, or choose folders you wish to back up in the folder list .
9. choice Next to proceed .
10. choice Browse to choose the placement and name of your PST file. By default, the file is saved in the Outlook Files booklet .
11. choice Finish .
12. Add a password to secure your backup, or leave the fields blank and proceed to Step 12 .
13. choose OK .
Outlook exports your PST file to the folder you selected .
How to Back up Office 365 Mailboxes
For Office 365 administrators, Microsoft offers a free and native room to back up mailboxes using Content Search eDiscovery .
Note : With Cached Exchange Mode enabled, Outlook entirely exports the items in the stream hoard. To export the entire postbox, disable Cached Exchange Mode in the Email tab key of the Account Settings window .
Content Search eDiscovery Method to Back up Office 365 Mailboxes
The Content Search eDiscovery tool is found in the Microsoft 365 admin center. It ‘s used for searching for data in Exchange Online. The results of the question can be exported as PST files.
1. choose Security in the menu on the left-hand side of the filmdom in the Microsoft 365 admin center .
The Security window appears .
2. choice Permissions in the menu on the left-hand side of the riddle .
3. Select the eDiscovery manager checkbox. The eDiscovery Manager dialogue appears .
4. choice Edit Role Group .
5. In the Edit Role Group dialogue menu, choose Choose Roles and make sure Export is among choose Roles. If not, choice Edit and add the function .
6. Navigate back to the Microsoft 365 admin center dwelling and blue-ribbon Compliance in the menu on the left side of the screen .
The Compliance window appears .
7. Expand the menu on the left side of the screen and choice Content search .
The Content search negotiation appears .
8. blue-ribbon New search .
9. Select Add conditions button .
10. In the menu that opens on the left side of the riddle, select the Type checkbox .
11. blue-ribbon Add .
12. blue-ribbon Save & run .
13. Provide a list and description for your search and choose Save .
14. In Content search, choose Back to saved searches .
15. Select the search question, wait for the process to complete, and choice Export results .
Find and download the exported datum in the Exports tab of the Content search window .
phoenixNAP Managed Backup for Office 365
The eDiscovery Manager solution requires technical skills and can be reasonably complicated to perform regularly. furthermore, it will put a strain on your administration ‘s IT resources. Microsoft recommends using third-party solutions for backing up your mailboxes. The phoenixNAP ‘s Veeam-powered managed accompaniment for Office 365 offers seamless backup of your Office 365 accounts .
Managed backing for Office 365 allows you to :
- Protect your Office 365 data – not just emails, but also SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, etc.
- Use unlimited storage for mailbox-only data.
- Configure retention schedules.
- Minimize disruptions by instantly restoring your data.
- Retain control of your data.
- Ensure compliance by meeting regulatory requirements to be able to retrieve business critical data in case of a disaster.
- Keep your business critical data safe from ransomware attacks.
- Maintain high availability by quickly restoring data.
Managed accompaniment for Office 365 supports Object Storage and lets you configure object Storage as a backing depository.
This article presented methods for backing up your Outlook 365 mailboxes. The methods included two solutions for backing up emails directly in Outlook, a well as a comprehensive examination Veeam-powered solution offered by phoenixNAP .
For more information on using Object storage with Managed Backup for Office 365, read How to Leverage Object Storage with Veeam Backup for Office .
Category : News