In this article, we take a attend at what all of these symbols mean, from the Like push button to others you ‘ll come across—such as icons on Facebook menu and symbols for your condition update .
Simple Facebook Symbols
The surveil are some of the more common Facebook icons. Most people who use Facebook regularly will recognize them fairly well .
One of the most cardinal images in the Facebook brand is the celebrated “ Like ” icon. You can like anything on the locate that you can comment on. Just snap this button to let everyone know .
Facebook has expanded the Like push button to include other symbols or reactions, including Love, Care, Haha, Wow, Sad, and Angry .
To switch to one of these reaction symbols, levitate over the Like button ( or hold the Like push button on the Facebook app ) and the different reaction options will pop up. You then equitable need to select the reaction you want to use .
These symbols express how the mail makes you feel .
But there are besides early symbols on Facebook, including the icons that appear at the lead of the page .
here, you ‘ll notice three icons .
The first pulls out a menu where you can find friends, search local events, make posts, stories, pages, or ads, and do a solid host of other things .
MAKEUSEOF VIDEO OF THE DAY
The second is a shortcut to Facebook Messenger, where you can get in refer with your friends via DM .
The chime picture is where you can view all of your Facebook notifications .
The last button is a dropdown that lets you access all of your Facebook settings .
away from the icons above, the early icons you ‘ll see on Facebook are the ones that display while you ‘re creating new posts and updating your condition .
Below the text discipline, you ‘ll see a few symbols. There will be an icon to add a photograph or video to your mail, an picture to tag friends in your post, a button to add a palpate to the position, a check-in feature of speech that adds a placement to your post, and a microphone that lets you host a live Q & A .
Hitting the ellipsis shows the stay of the options that you have when creating a station on Facebook .
You are besides able to add emojis to your station with the convenient Emoji button nearby .
Under Feeling/Activity, you ‘ll see what appears to be a tilt of the like Emojis. The Activities options are a snatch more matter to. You can specify what you ‘re doing .
Clicking on any of these reveals more. The roll of options hera is honestly kind of impressive .
Related : What Is Facebook Whitelisting ?
Managing Facebook Posts
besides important to consider are the symbols that show up aboard posts, when you click the ellipsis on the upper right field corner of a stake window .
You ‘ll have different options available to you depending on where the post is and who posted it .
In the case above, we ‘ve got the follow choices :
- Pin Post: This lets you pin this post to the top of your profile as the first one that people see.
- Save Post: This saves the post to a hidden collection that only you have access to.
- Edit Post: This lets you edit your post, add media, or change the text.
- Edit Audience: Change who can see this post.
- Turn Off Notifications: Silence the notifications coming in from this post.
- Turn Off Translations: This disables Facebook’s translation feature.
- Edit Date: You can change the date and time of the post with this option.
- Move to Archive: This removes the post from your timeline without deleting it entirely.
- Move to Trash: The post will no longer be on your wall; Facebook deletes these Trashed posts automatically after thirty days.
Some of the most important icons here will be the Audience icons. What do these symbols mean ?
Read more: How to Log Into WPC2029 Live
- Globe (Public): Make your posts visible to anyone on the internet.
- Two People (Friends): All of your friends can see your posts.
- Two People, One Ghosted (Friends except): Block specific friends from seeing your posts.
- One Person (Specific friends): Show your posts to only certain friends.
- Lock (Only me): Only you can see the post.
- Gear (Custom): Add or remove friends or friends lists who can see the post.
It ‘s identical slowly to customize the privacy of every Facebook post .
Related : Can You See Who Viewed Your Facebook Profile ?
Other Facebook Symbols
These next Facebook symbols will be long-familiar to regular Facebook users. If you click on the Home tab, under your name you ‘ll see four icons in the leave navigation barricade .
This is Facebook ‘s navigation area. here are the different options :
- Find Friends: Connect with others that you may know on Facebook.
- Welcome: Take part in Facebook’s intro walkthrough.
- Groups: Find groups to join on Facebook.
- Watch: Check out content created by other Facebook users.
- Memories: Go back in time and see what you posted a year ago, two years ago, three years ago.
- Saved: View your collection of Saved Facebook posts.
- Pages: Browse pages for your favorite brands, hobbies, and celebs.
- Events: Find events near you to attend.
- Most Recent: Check out what you’ve seen and interacted with recently.
Did n’t realize you could do so much on Facebook ? We ‘re equitable scantily getting started. Hit See More for everything else this sidebar has to offer :
- Ads: Manage any Facebook ad campaigns that you have cookin’.
- Blood Donations: Is Zuckerberg after your blood? Perhaps, but it’s for a good cause.
- Campus: For college students on Facebook.
- Climate Science Center: For information on climate change.
- Community Help: For those seeking guidance regarding conduct on the platform.
- COVID-19 Information Center: To hear the latest on the coronavirus globally and in your town.
- Emotional Health: Facebook’s digital wellness portal.
- Facebook Pay: If you would like to use Facebook’s payment service.
- Favorites: Keep up with Favorited people and pages.
- Fundraisers: The GoFundMe of Facebook.
- Gaming Video: Watch live gaming on Facebook.
- Lift Black Voices: Facebook and its work in the Black Lives Matter Movement.
- Live Videos: Where all of those Facebook Live videos on your feed come from.
- Messenger: Facebook’s Messenger app.
- Oculus: A VR experience in the world of social media.
- Play Games: Some games that you can play on Facebook.
- Town Hall: Get involved with your town’s political scene.
- Voting Information Center: Learn about how to vote in your area.
- Weather: For local weather information.
Related : How to Download Your Entire Facebook History
Symbols on Facebook: Explained
once you know what all of these Facebook symbols mean, it ‘s clear that Facebook is effective for much more than just scrolling mindlessly .
The best way to explore everything available on Facebook is to start searching. The moment best manner ? Just start clicking buttons. It ‘s never failed us yet. The web site is a rabbit hole, and all of these icons on Facebook make diving in all the more tempt .
How to Find the Exact Date You Created Your Facebook report
About The author
Read more: How Much Did Some Famous Logos Cost?
Subscribe to our newsletter
Join our newsletter for technical school tips, reviews, free ebooks, and single deals !
Click here to subscribe