Managing these disparate processes through manual methods, such as manually tracking billable hours on Excel spreadsheets, is time-consuming and erring .
To save time and reduce errors, there is dedicated electrical contractor software that comes with features to support the particular business workflows of electric contractors and improve team efficiency. This type of software is part of the larger category of construction management solutions .
That said, we understand that businesses do n’t have the time to do extensive software inquiry comparing hundreds of products on different parameters—features, price, deployment options, to name a few.
therefore, we ‘ve put together this buyers guide to help you get started and make an inform decision when buying electrical contractor software .
here ‘s what we ‘ll cover :
What is electrical contractor software?
electrical contractile organ software is a character of software that helps electrical narrow businesses manage assorted aspects of their workflows. These solutions offer functionalities to automate undertaking scheduling ; record the time employees spend on a project ; track customer requests ; and generate project monetary value estimates, quotes, and invoices .
Businesses can besides automate recurring jobs and render reports to get insights into business performance and customer feedback .
Invoice management in JobLogic (Source)
Common features of electrical contractor software
here, we ’ ll take a closer spirit at the features that make up electrical contractor software .
|Task scheduling||Assign jobs to employees on a built-in calendar based on their handiness and skill sets ; track the status of tasks on shared dashboards .|
|Work order management||capture and track customer orders for servicing, maintenance, repairs, etc. on digital forms .|
|Customer database||Store customer information, such as names, addresses, phone numbers, contracts, and services requests, in a centralize localization .|
|Time tracking||Track the meter employees spend on a job, such as the total hours taken by a field agent to complete an installation or animate request .|
|Billing and invoicing||Generate invoices for services provided ; send out the invoices mechanically via e-mail .|
|Quotes and estimates||Create job estimates and quotes, mechanically calculating parturiency and materials costs using premade cost appraisal templates .|
What type of buyer are you?
There are two kinds of buyers of electrical contractor software : minor and midsize firms and bombastic businesses .
- Small and midsize businesses (fewer than 1,000 employees): These buyers will typically opt for cloud-based tools that do n’t require a significant upfront investment. Cloud-based tools won ’ t ask software maintenance and data backing responsibilities on the buyer ’ second depart, which is appealing for small and midsize businesses that don ’ t have in-house IT support .
- Large businesses (1,000 employees or more): These buyers have complex more complex occupation requirements, and as a solution, may opt for full-suite construction management solutions that come with advance features for team performance trailing, visibility into project finances, and real-time team collaboration .
Key considerations when purchasing electrical contractor software
In addition to understanding the key features of electrical contractor software, there are several other considerations businesses should factor in before invest .
here are some of the lead considerations businesses should keep in mind :
- Mobile accessibility: Electrical contract firms by and large have a team of field technicians who are constantly shuttling between client sites. These playing field workers need a joyride that supports mobile apps ( Android and io ) to help them share files, take down shape orders, view their schedules, and access project communications while on the run .
- Integrations: Integrations with other software tools make it possible to transfer data between these systems. For case, an integration with an account solution can help consolidate data on payments received and expenses incurred. Likewise, integration with customer relationship management ( CRM ) solutions will help you automatically update customer details in the electrical contractor cock a soon as a new head is captured in the CRM .
- Total cost of software: When calculating the total cost of software, you need to factor in more than just the recurring subscription fee (for cloud-based solutions) or the one-time license fee (for on-premise solutions). You also need to take into consideration extra charges for additional services, such as for priority phone support or data migration from your existing systems.
note : The applications selected in this article are examples to show a feature in context and are not intended as endorsements or recommendations. They have been obtained from sources believed to be authentic at the time of issue .