Tow truck drivers may place other motorists at risk of Personal Injury
Two Brampton tow truck drivers were arrested after causing a major collision with two motorists, as they were heading to the scene of another collision. One of the two minivans hit was significantly damaged, while the early flipped on its side. There were fortunately no fatalities, however a female passenger in one of the minivans suffered minor injuries and was taken to the hospital. One of the tow truck drivers was besides treated for minor injuries at the setting but careless of his injuries, the driver was charged with dangerous drive by police arriving at the setting. The early tow truck driver involved in the collision fled, but was late tracked down by police with the help of his employer .
Tow truck driving collisions have increasingly become a problem in Ontario and particularly, on busy GTA roads. A key lend agent is the growing problem of tow truck drivers “ chasing ” collisions. Tow truck companies and drivers make money by assisting individuals who have just been involved in some kind of collision or have a disable fomite and require wayside aid. however, the irony is that sometimes, in the tow truck drivers ’ haste to get to the site of these collisions, they collide with other vehicles and unwittingly cause even more accidents .
A CBC news program report card in March of this class quoted an Ottawa police officer who had charged six tow drivers for clogging up a crash scene. The officer commented that the behavior of tow hand truck drivers has become a meaning problem and that their behavior is not only illegal in some instances but can actually cause greater price in an already dangerous situation. Tow hand truck drivers can besides pose a terror to other motorists in the watch ways :
- Improper Handling of Equipment – Tow trucks have specific equipment and parts for the purpose of hauling other vehicles and shipping them to garages, repair venues and so on. If their equipment is not installed or maintained properly, there is a risk of it coming loose and causing the vehicle that is being transported to become dislodged. This can cause significant problems for any vehicle or vehicles that may be driving behind the tow truck at the time.
- Speeding – The act of speeding makes drivers more susceptible to collision and the same applies to tow truck drivers. However it is especially problematic for them as tow trucks are heavier vehicles than the average car, minivan, etc. It is harder to maneuver these vehicles, especially when going at a very a high speed, which increases the risk of collisions and danger of injury for other motorists.
- Distracted Driving – Distracted driving is one of the leading causes of accidents for Canadians and it includes everything from talking on the phone, texting, talking to passengers, eating or drinking, and reaching for items while driving. Being distracted impairs a driver’s judgement which makes it harder to react in time and avoid a collision with another vehicle. If a tow truck driver is communicating with his employer or another contact about a potential accident while driving, there is an increased risk that they themselves may crash into someone.
- Driving Under The Influence – It is never appropriate to drive under the influence of alcohol or any type of drugs. Both can significantly impair the driver’s judgement and capability behind the wheel which in turn decreases their ability to think and react quickly and it is no different for tow truck drivers.
It is besides significant that drivers be informed of the proper ways of seeking out and using a tow truck. The Financial Services Commission of Ontario compiled some tips, including :
Read more: Cheapest Car Insurance in Arizona | Bankrate
- Contact your insurance company for information on which towing companies or company to use and where to take your vehicle for repairs.
- Ensure that the tow truck has a municipal license number on its side before using their service.
- Confirm that the tow truck is affiliated with a reputable company, like an automotive road assistance group.
- Ask and try to confirm that the tow truck has a police contract
- Read very carefully everything you are asked to sign
- If you or a loved one has been involved in a collision with a tow truck or another vehicle, it is important that you contact an attorney as quickly as possible. You will be best served with the timely help of a personal injury attorney who has the specific expertise and will ensure that you meet your claims deadlines and that all necessary documents are being gathered and filed for your claim.
Our highly skilled and professional team of Brampton personal injury lawyers at Kotak Law can advise you on the forte of your title and the border on that can yield a best result for compensation for you and your family. We will take you from beginning to end, in terms of answering your questions, keeping you up to date on progress, negotiating for the best compensation potential, and taking your claim to trial if necessity to reach average colonization for you. We invite you to read our on-line testimonials so that you can well understand the kind of positive relationship we try to forge with our clients. Contact us nowadays for a dislodge assessment