Learning these words will decidedly help to increase your vocabulary vitamin a well as your sympathy of English. Did you know the roman numeral for 50 is L ? The reason why the NFL went for number 50 alternatively of using L was that they were worried the Super Bowl would be a great loser as L besides represents a loss. I am sure sharing this fact with your friends will decidedly impress them .
In this article, we made a list of positive words that start with L that can be used in different ways along with their intend and examples so that it is easier to understand. thus, keep on read, and you will decidedly come across some newly words .
Positive Words That Start with L – Full List (250 words)
hera is the wax list of positive words that start with L, you can find a sum of 250 amazing positive words that start with L.
Positive Words That Start with L to Describe a Person
There are times when we run out of words to describe a person positively. Keeping these words starting with L to describe a person positively will decidedly come in handy at times like that .
- Definition: to show faithfulness toward something or someone
- Synonyms: faithful, steadfast
- Example: She’s very loyal to her friends.
2. cover girl
- Definition: to be very beautiful
- Synonyms: beautiful, pretty, attractive
- Example: He’s a lovely guy.
- Definition: acting in the manner of a lord
- Synonyms: noble, aristocratic
- Example: He is a lordly and dignified man.
- Definition: to act the way society expects a female to behave
- Synonyms: proper, correct
- Example: She has a ladylike elegance.
- Definition: glowing or flickering light across a surface
- Synonyms: glowing, flickering
- Example: She was so quick and so lambent in her dangerous flamy sensitiveness.
- Definition: like a lion, distinguished and illustrious
- Synonyms: lion-like, esteemed, famed, powerful, dignified
- Example: He has such a handsome, leonine profile.
- Definition: not harsh or strict
- Synonyms: lax, tolerant, permissive
- Example: She has a very lenient attitude.
- Definition: free from care and worry
- Synonyms: carefree, cheerful, unburdened
- Example: His lighthearted attitude in the face of danger was the source of some concern.
- Definition: healthy and energetic
- Synonyms: loud, strong
- Example: Her lusty, alto voice has seldom sounded better.
Positive Words That Start with L to Encourage Yourself
If you want to live a satisfy life, it is very crucial to encourage yourself on a casual footing. Reading these good words that start with L will decidedly help to cheer you up no matter what .
- Definition: good fortune
- Synonyms: fortune, serendipity
- Example: With a bit of luck, we can surely succeed this time.
- Definition: to agree with or enjoy
- Synonyms: approve, enjoy, agree with, admire
- Example: I like hiking a lot as it cheers me up.
- Definition: a light-hearted adventure
- Synonyms: spree, frolic
- Example: He started paragliding years ago as a lark, and now it’s his profession.
- Definition: the sound of laughing
- Synonyms: mirth, chuckling, laughing
- Example: His mom’s laughter will always be the best form of therapy for him.
- Definition: gaining a skill or knowledge
- Synonyms: studying, training
- Example: Even though he faced difficulties in learning, his teachers’ techniques made it fun.
- Definition: trying to hear and pay attention
- Synonyms: hear, eavesdrop
- Example: It is always better to listen to your elderly.
- Definition: having knowledge of a particular subject
- Synonyms: knowledgeable, proficient
- Example: Being computer literate is an advantage that I have for jobs.
- Definition: fast-moving and full of life
- Synonyms: quick, energetic, vivacious
- Example: She is a very lively and uninhibited girl.
- Definition: bestows something in generous quantity
- Synonyms: spend, expend, pour
- Example: I was ecstatic as the media couldn’t lavish enough praise on my art.
- Definition: open to new ideas
- Synonyms: tolerant, open-minded, free
- Example: The best thing you can do is have liberal views on everything that happens in life.
Positive Words That Start with L to Compliments Others
Is there anyone in this earth who doesn ’ metric ton like to be complimented ? These are many nice words that start with L that you can use to not only compliment others but besides yourself .
- Definition: feeling or showing love
- Synonyms: affectionate, fond, devoted
- Example: He is a very loving father.
- Definition: the quality of being loyal
- Synonyms: faithfulness, allegiance, obedience
- Example: Her loyalty to her family is impressive.
- Definition: pleasant to listen to
- Synonyms: quiet, muffled, light
- Example: All of her albums are so eminently listenable.
- Definition: to praise
- Synonyms: praise, glorify
- Example: He was lauded for his accomplishments.
- Definition: to be casual
- Synonyms: calm, unpretentious, casual
- Example: He was very laid-back about it all.
- Definition: someone or something that is well known for a deed
- Synonyms: heroic, fabled, famous
- Example: Her wisdom in matters of childbirth was legendary.
- Definition: someone or something that saves lives, literally or figuratively
- Synonyms: savior, hero
- Example: The surgical procedure he discovered has been a lifesaver for many people.
- Definition: having the quality of being easy to like
- Synonyms: attractive, pleasant
- Example: She is a very likable young woman.
- Definition: attractively thin and able to move with grace
- Synonyms: graceful, lithe, agile
- Example: The lissome actress’s dance training is apparent in the ways he moves on stage.
- Definition: having good luck
- Synonyms: fortunate, blessed, favored
- Example: It sounds as if you have been lucky all along.
Positive Words That Start with L to Help Through Difficulties
We have to face difficulties throughout our life evening if we don ’ thymine want to. here are some encouraging words that start with L that will help you push through times like that .
- Definition: entertaining and easily understood, but not serious
- Synonyms: entertaining, bright
- Example: A lively argument between the two speakers provided some light relief.
- Definition: the experience or state of being alive
- Synonyms: vitality, living
- Example: Make your life a masterpiece; imagine no limitations on what you can be.
- Definition: an experience that teaches you how to behave better
- Synonyms: class, session, seminar
- Example: We can learn important lessons from all the failures in life.
- Definition: gain skill in something
- Synonyms: grasp, master
- Example: I learned a lot from my mistakes.
- Definition: to live a particular type of life
- Synonyms: guide, direct, conduct
- Example: It is better to lead a simple life without any complications.
6. shore leave
- Definition: freedom from control or imprisonment
- Synonyms: freedom, independence
- Example: Individuals should enjoy the liberty to pursue their own preferences.
- Definition: easy to care for
- Synonyms: adorable, endearing
- Example: The lovable people around me give me a lot of energy.
- Definition: calm and controlled in stressful situations
- Synonyms: wise, practical, prudent, reasonable
- Example: She was glad to have the advice of someone who was level-headed.
- Definition: clear enough to read
- Synonyms: readable, clear, neat
- Example: An ecstatic mood was clearly legible on her face.
10. lucidity :
Read more: 5 Quick Tips Regarding Shampoo
- Definition: thinking that is clear
- Synonyms: clear-thinking, simplicity
- Example: His lecture motivated me as it combined intellectual lucidity and passion.
Positive Words That Start with L to Uplift Our Mind
In today ’ s materialistic populace, it is truly difficult to always stay positive. These motivational words that start with L will surely help to uplift your judgment after a nerve-racking day .
- Definition: set someone free
- Synonyms: free, untie
- Example: This season of spring feels a lot uplifting now that vaccines are starting to liberate us.
- Definition: expressed clearly
- Synonyms: intelligible, understandable, cogent
- Example: I love this book as the author’s prose is very lucid and entertaining.
- Definition: to express amusement with a vocal sound
- Synonyms: chuckle, chortle, giggle, crack up
- Example: It feels good to laugh after a stressful day.
- Definition: to care deeply or feel the passion
- Synonyms: adore, care for
- Example: I just love dancing as it uplifts my mind.
- Definition: freedom from responsibilities like work and school
- Synonyms: freedom, respite, spare time
- Example: Doing yoga at your leisure is pretty efficient for your health.
- Definition: giving off light
- Synonyms: glowing, shining
- Example: They painted the door a luminous green.
- Definition: to be sympathetic
- Synonyms: generous, sympathetic
- Example: He never passed a chance to tell people how large-hearted his father is.
- Definition: having similar tastes
- Synonyms: common, agreeing
- Example: We should surround ourselves with like-minded friends.
- Definition: brave and determined
- Synonyms: courageous, valiant
- Example: I automatically felt brave as I met my lionhearted friend.
- Definition: the fact of having a lot of green, healthy plants, grass, and trees
- Synonyms: lush, luxuriant
- Example: Tourists love the lushness of the rolling green hills.
List of Positive WordsThat Start with L to Keep Us Stay Positive
Reading these positive words that start with L will decidedly help to stay positivist american samoa well as give you a serotonin boost. Or you can merely use them for any write purposes or precisely hyping your acquaintance up .
- Definition: highly comfortable and often expensive
- Synonyms: rich, comfortable
- Example: Spending a luxurious weekend with my family gave me the serotonin boost I needed.
- Definition: to lie around, often in a comfortable chair
- Synonyms: relax, loll, idle
- Example: She was lounging on the beach for refreshment.
- Definition: the amount of time someone or something will last
- Synonyms: long-lived, lifespan
- Example: For longevity in your life, you really need to keep it simple.
- Definition: very attractive to look at, taste, smell
- Synonyms: fancy, pleasing, lavish
- Example: I was mesmerized by the lush sound of the orchestra.
- Definition: something to be praised for doing the right thing
- Synonyms: correct, celebrated, commendable
- Example: You should always have laudable aims and translate that into practice.
- Definition: to be rich and lush
- Synonyms: lush, rich, profuse
- Example: We had a luxuriant time on my birthday.
- Definition: pleasing to see, hear, or feel
- Synonyms: sweet, pleasing
- Example: She slipped into her luscious pale pink pajamas.
- Definition: the quality of being more merciful
- Synonyms: mercy, forgiveness, lenity
- Example: The court provided no leniency for the damage he has done to the victims.
- Definition: amusing or pleasant
- Synonyms: jocose, jolly
- Example: His lepid manner was suitable for such a happy occasion.
Commonly Used Positive Words That Start with L
These normally used positivist words that start with L might not be as common to you. then support reading so that you can add some new words to your vocabulary .
- Definition: generosity in giving of gifts or money
- Synonyms: generosity, beneficence
- Example: Her campaign has largely been funded by her family’s significant largess.
- Definition: easy to bend
- Synonyms: flexible, bendable
- Example: I have to practice to keep myself limber.
- Definition: clear and not cloudy, simple and easy to comprehend
- Synonyms: clear, bright, transparent
- Example: His prose style is flexible, limpid, and a great pleasure to read.
- Definition: low in price
- Synonyms: cheap, economical
- Example: Apple clearly needs a low-cost line that still maintains margins.
- Definition: the quality of shining
- Synonyms: shiny, bright, glowing
- Example: She has very large lustrous eyes.
- Definition: relatively great size
- Synonyms: big, great, huge
- Example: They have a large house in the suburbs.
- Definition: something with endurance
- Synonyms: enduring, lifelong
- Example: They left a lasting impression.
- Definition: a person who is honored with an award for outstanding creative or intellectual achievement
- Synonyms: academic, intellectual
- Example: He was a Nobel laureate in physics.
9. at leisure
- Definition: acting or done at leisure; unhurried or relaxed
- Synonyms: unhurried, relaxed, easy
- Example: We had a leisurely breakfast at our hotel.
- Definition: formally educated
- Synonyms: learned, erudite, academic
- Example: The lettered crowd is well acquainted with the author.
Positive Words That Start with L for Attractive Resumes
What is the key to getting your dream subcontract, you may ask ? Well, duh, it is an attractive resume. Use these positive words that start with L in your resume in order to impress the interviewer .
- Definition: making sense according to logic or reason
- Synonyms: reasonable
- Example: I am confident that I am a logical choice for the job.
- Definition: leading to profit
- Synonyms: profitable, money-making
- Example: This business is highly lucrative.
- Definition: creative work that can be sung
- Synonyms: song-like, musical
- Example: The emphasis of and articulated reason for the competitions is the lyrical content and vocal artistry of competitors.
- Definition: having a formal status derived from law
- Synonyms: lawful, permitted, acceptable
- Example: I am experienced in conducting pro bono client interviewing and legal research for legal aid agencies.
- Definition: obedient to the laws of society
- Synonyms: well-behaved, lawful
- Example: My goal is to show how miracles might be conceived as law-abiding and compatible with moderate physicalism.
- Definition: at the most advanced position in an area of activity
- Synonyms: ahead, lead
- Example: The goal of any organization is not to be leading-edge but to be effective.
- Definition: someone who guides or directs
- Synonyms: guide, boss, director
- Example: I was elected as leader of the campaign group.
- Definition: such as well might happen or be true; probable
- Synonyms: probable, plausible
- Example: I have most likely displayed satisfactory actability in all the plays I have participated in before.
- Definition: alive now
- Synonyms: alive, co-exist
- Example: I am confident that I am probably the best-known living architect.
- Definition: concerning the writing, study, or content of literature, especially of the kind valued for quality of form
- Synonyms: written, poetic, artistic
- Example: My novels are packed with literary allusions.
Final Thoughts on Positive Words That Start with L
Don ’ t you already feel a lot smart barely by reading this article once ? then imagine how good your vocabulary and english skills will be once you start using these positive words starting with L on a regular basis. even if you learned one fresh discussion from each category, it is still a win-win situation. You are not merely learning new words but besides impressing your friends with your skills .
hopefully, this article has been helpful to you for increasing your vocabulary. Keep on studying all these positive words that start with L, and soon you will decidedly master the english language .
Ps. See besides adjectives words that start with L, nouns that start with L and verbs that start with L .