What to Know
- On an Android, go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Messenger > Storage & cache > Clear storage.
- In the Android Facebook app, log out under your device name in Settings & Privacy > Settings > Security and Login.
- On Facebook.com, go to Settings & Privacy > Settings > Security and Login, log out your device.
Although there ‘s no direct logout choice in the Facebook Messenger app for Android or io, this article describes how to disconnect your account from the Messenger app ( basically the equivalent of logging out ) without having to delete the app from your device .
Reading: How to Log Out of Facebook Messenger
Log Out From Messenger Via Android Settings
here ‘s how to log out using your app settings :
- Open the Settings app .
- Select Apps & notifications .
- Choose See all <#> apps. Scroll down and tap Messenger. ( The apps are in alphabetic order )
- Select Storage & cache .
- Tap Clear storage .
- confirm with OK. immediately you can close the Settings app and return key to the Messenger app to verify that it worked .
Log Out From Messenger Via the Facebook App
io users must use the official Facebook app to log out. android users can do the same .
- Open the Facebook app and sign in to the represent account that you want to disconnect from Messenger .
- Tap the menu option ( represented by the ground beef icon located at the bottom of the sieve from the home prey tab key on io and at the exceed of the screen door on Android ) .
- Scroll down and tap Settings & Privacy > Settings .
Tap Password and Security .
Read more: Workers’ Compensation Insurance
- Under the section labeled Where You ‘re Logged In, you ‘ll see a tilt of all the devices and their locations where Facebook remembers your login details. Your device name ( such as iPhone, iPad, or Android ) will be listed in bold give voice with the Messenger platform labeled below it .
If you do n’t see your device appoint with the Messenger label beneath it proper away, you may need to tap See all or See More to view all active logins .
- Tap the three dots to the good of the device you want to log out from .
- Select Log Out. It will disappear from the number, and you ‘ll be able to open the Messenger app to confirm that you have logged out.
Log Out From Messenger Via Facebook.com
These steps are very similar to using the Facebook mobile app .
- Visit Facebook.com and sign of the zodiac in to the equate report that you want to disconnect from Messenger .
- Click the down arrow in the upper-right corner of the page and snap Settings & Privacy > Settings from the drop-down menu .
- Click Security and Login from the sidebar menu .
- Under the section labeled Where You’re Logged In, look for the list of your device ( iPhone, iPad, Android, or early ) and the Messenger label beneath it .
- Tap the three dots on the right of a Messenger list and blue-ribbon Log Out. Just like on the Facebook app, your list will disappear and you can return to your device to confirm that you ‘ve been disconnected/logged out from the Messenger app .
To confirm that you ‘ve been logged out of Messenger, open the Messenger app. rather of seeing your most late messages, you should see a filmdom asking you to sign in with your Facebook login details .
How do I sign out of Messenger on a Mac?
If you ‘re using Messenger via the web site on a network browser, you can sign out. Click the three dots in the upper-left of the riddle, and then select Log Out. In the app, under the File menu, choose Logout.
How do I deactivate Facebook Messenger?
To leave Facebook Messenger completely, you need to delete your account. In the app, tap your mental picture, and then go to Account Settings > Delete Your Account and Information and follow the prompts .
Category : News