Donate your vehicle to KPCC and LAist

Donate your undesirable car, hand truck, or gravy boat to Southern California Public Radio. Our vehicle contribution course of study is a capital way to support timbre scheduling AND get a deduction on your taxes. here ‘s how it works : Just complete and submit the form below or call toll-free ( 877 ) 572-2227 and arrange a convenient pickup prison term. We ‘ll pick up your vehicle, give you a receipt and you will be able to deduct the arrant sales price as an itemize deduction on your income taxes .

Simply fill out the form, we’ll do the rest.


Does my car or truck have to be running to qualify for donation?
No, the cable car must have an engine and be towable. Cars that are in extremely inadequate condition or far from our tow range may be declined, as the cost to tow them may be more than the value of the fomite. Call our customer serve representative to find out if your vehicle qualifies. What paperwork do I need?
Just sign the title ! ( Please note : a clear title indicates the title is in the name of the donor without a lien. ) What if I lost the title (pink slip)?
You will need to get a duplicate title and call us when you have received it. Do I get a receipt for my donation?
Yes, our driver will issue a tow receipt at the meter of pick-up. This is not your final tax receipt. The tow acknowledge will indicate your name, the year, make, model and the condition of the vehicle you are donating.

A tax receipt with our Federal ID phone number will be mailed to you within 30 days of the sale stating the amount of gross proceeds received from your vehicle. This will be your receipt for your charitable contribution. Donors can claim the total for which the vehicle sold as a subtraction on their enumerate tax recurrence. You will be sent a tax reception with this sum when the vehicle sells. What can I claim as a deduction?
According to the tax law effective January 1, 2005, if the claim value of the donate fomite exceeds $ 500, the taxpayer is limited to the megascopic proceeds of the sale. What if my car is valued over $500?
You are no long required to have vehicles appraised. The measure you may claim will be the amount of gross proceeds received from your vehicle. What do you do with the vehicles?
The vehicles are sold at a private auction. The proceeds are used to support KPCC/Southern California Public Radio. Funds from vehicle donations help KPCC/SCPR acquire and produce choice news, educational and entertainment programs and support our outreach efforts in the residential district.

How quickly can my vehicle be picked up?
Vehicles are picked up at a time that is commodious for you. Call our representative to find out what times are available in your region. How much of the profit from the donated car goes to KPCC/SCPR?
A sum of 70 percentage of the gross generated from the sale of vehicles brought to auction, excluding transport fees comes back to the post. Do I have to be with the vehicle at the time of pick-up?
No. particular arrangements can be made by calling our representative.

source :
Category : News


Related articles

Why Study Geography? Things to Know Before Choosing a Major

Geography is a highly significant yet most overlooked subject...

Biggest Social Media Platforms as Per User Base

The web is the sacred lifeline of industrial development...

AniMixPlay Review – Is AniMixPlay Safe?

AniMixPlay is a website where you can watch anime...

TweakVip and Offroad Outlaws

There are several applications that make your life more...

The Benefits of Green Buildings

The term green building can be used to describe...