Agility, adaptability, and ceaseless initiation are now table stakes for marketing organizations of all sizes, across every sector .
Delivering an exceptional customer experience in this environment is a top precedence and besides the most permeant challenge for marketers right now, according to the new Marketing Trends 2022 report card from Oracle and Ascend2 .
Oracle ’ s survey of over 850 market professionals in leadership and management roles reveals that 94 % feel their 2021 marketing efforts were successful – and for 48 %, extremely so.
What challenges lie ahead and how make marketing leaders plan to meet them head-on this year ?
Read on to explore the top challenges and commercialize solutions on marketers ’ minds, arsenic well as which AI solutions they trust, how they plan to replace third-party data, and other key trends to inform your own selling strategy .
Top Challenges for Marketers in 2022
Oracle ’ s review revealed the top market challenges for respondents right immediately :
- Maximizing performance across channels – 38%
- Ability to change/adapt to circumstances as they arise – 36%
- Delivering exceptional customer experiences – 35%
- Aligning marketing and sales efforts – 32%
- Segmenting and targeting audiences – 32%
- Ability to scale programs, content, personalization – 31%
- Proving marketing attribution and ROI – 31%
Which Performance Metrics Matter Most In 2022?
Data-backed insights are all-important in resolving the above challenges. But which performance metrics are marketing organizations using right now to measure success ?
highly successful selling organizations say their top performance metrics are :
- Sales and revenue attributed to marketing.
- Customer lifetime value.
- Cost per lead (CPL) and cost per acquisition (CPA).
All other market organizations are more likely tracking “ Marketing ROI ” and customer acquisition and retention .
Marketing Solutions We Can’t Live Without
When it comes to the most significant martech solutions that power contemporary organizations, customer data platforms top the tilt .
Email commercialize platforms, content management systems, commercialize automation platforms, and testing and optimization tools round out the exceed five.
How Marketers Plan To Replace Lost Third-Party Cookie Data
When asked which first-party datum sources will become most valuable in the wake of third-party cookie losses, the top five selected by marketers were :
- 36%: Customer purchase history
- 32%: Social media profiles
- 31%: Website registrations
- 26%: Survey respondents
- 26%: Mobile app usage
CRM and call center interactions, loyalty programs, user residential district members, newsletter subscribers, and SMS message besides made the number .
AI Will Bring Agility & ROI – At Least, To Those Who Trust It
Adapting to circumstances as they arise and being able to change run on the fly was identified as a top challenge, and this is where AI shines .
even so, market organizations have varying levels of reliance in the engineering .
Smaller market teams are less confident in AI, and those on teams of 30 people or less said they only trust it for scoring leads and writing submit lines .
Across the sketch set as a whole, marketers are most comfortable using AI for ad target, real-time content personalization, optimizing electronic mail sends, and estimating conversions .
When asked, Which of the watch activities would you trust ( or already use ) artificial intelligence to do for you ? Marketers responded :
Other Key Marketing Insights For 2022
Among their more concern findings, Oracle revealed that :
- 37% of marketers are confident, 31% are hopeful, and 24% feel excited about their chances for marketing success this year.
- 82% of marketers plan to make changes to their tech stack this year, either adding, removing, or replacing components.
- 24% of marketers said they absolutely couldn’t live without their loyalty marketing solution.
- 40% of marketers want to add customer service insights and 36% loyalty insights to their marketing program.
- 88% of marketers are confident they’ll have access to the right data for effective decision-making this year.
Download the full moon Marketing Trends 2022 report from Oracle to learn more .
Featured image : Shutterstock/BAIVECTOR