Table of Contents
Digital Asset Management Software Comparison Criteria
How do I evaluate DAM software ? here ’ s a breakdown of some on my considerations. Keep in mind that I tried to focus on general cloud digital asset management systems that store all kinds of files—not tools with a single focus like video asset management software or photograph asset management software.
- User Interface (UI): Does it offer clear displays and intuitive navigation? This is especially important when distributed teams and multiple departments all need to be able to easily navigate the tool.
- Usability: Is this easy to learn and use? For my ranking, digital asset management solutions with better tutorials, knowledge centers, and customer support get a higher score.
- Features & Functionality: How many of the key features and functions does it provide, and how powerful are they? In DAM software, features like searchable databases, version control, proofing and approval workflows, rights management, and permission-based access are important.
- Integrations: Pre-built integrations with Adobe’s Creative Suite is ideal for many teams. Likewise, the better digital asset management vendors supply integrations with project management software, content management systems, social media platforms, data rooms, content delivery networks, ecommerce software, and analytics tools.
The Digital Project Manager is reader-supported. We may earn a commission when you click through links on our site — learn more about how we aim to stay diaphanous
Need expert help selecting the right Digital Asset Management Software?
We ’ ve joined up with the software comparison platform Crozdesk.com to assist you in finding the right software. Crozdesk ’ s Digital Asset Management Software advisors can create a personalize shortlist of software solutions with indifferent recommendations to help you identify the solutions that best suit your business ’ s needs. Through our partnership you get free entree to their bespoke software excerpt advice, removing both time and fuss from the research summons. It only takes a minute to submit your requirements and they will give you a quick call at no cost or commitment. Based on your needs you ’ ll receive customized software shortlists listing the best-fitting solutions from their team of software advisors ( via earphone or e-mail ). They can even connect you with your selected seller choices along with community negotiated discounts. To get started, please complete the shape below :
Free Digital Asset Management Software
respective DAM software companies offer a release adaptation of their software with some features restricted. here ’ s a brief list of DAM software you can try for release.
- ResourceSpace: Free plan includes 100GB of storage and unlimited users
- Pimcore: Open-source tool
- Wrike: Free plan includes 2GB of storage per user and unlimited users
Other Digital Asset Management Software
There ’ second a few more DAM options that I haven ’ thyroxine had the prospect to in full review, but check these out if the above aren ’ metric ton making the cut :
- ArchivEra: Best for archivists & project managers working with archives
- OpenAsset: Best for real estate and AEC projects
- IntelligenceBank: Best for assets shared by multiple internal teams
- Asset Bank: Best for user interface and usability
- Frontify: Best for brand management
- BrandMaker: Best for built-in calendars
- Pageflex: Best for combined asset management & marketing solution
- Salsify: Best for combined DAM and product information management
- BEAM: Best for file sharing and management
- Daminion Server: Best for tagging and indexing files and assets
- Brandworkz: Best customer service and support
not looking for digital asset management software ? Check out our other lists of acme software to manage teams, resources, and projects :
- Having trouble keeping all your digital projects on track? Try our project scheduling software recommendations to help stay organized.
- Managing large teams can be a headache. Try our resource scheduling software recommendations to make sure everyone has what they need.
- Focus on what’s important and get more done each day by taking a look at our productivity app reviews.
Digital Asset Management FAQ
Start here to cover the basics of digital media asset management software, like what it is and what you can use it for.
Read more: Calgary International Airport – Wikipedia
What is digital asset management?
Digital asset management is a repository of digital assets – think of it as your on-line charge system. A DAM improves tractability, control and entree between organizations, businesses, departments, customers and partners of digital assets.
What is a digital asset?
A digital asset is a ‘ thing ’ that you can use and access on-line. Among others, that can include photography, television, branding assets, ebooks, logos, illustrations, animations, presentations, spreadsheets, parole documents, emails—it could be anything that ’ s digital and that has metadata.
What is a digital asset management system?
Digital asset management systems make the process of store, share, and tracking digital assets much easier. It provides a centralize library to shop and share digital assets, and allows people to entree the files they need no matter where they are in the world—without being connected to an onsite waiter.
Why is digital asset management important?
DAM software allows visualize managers to organize and entree client message. All your assets are stored in a individual library, so you can entree them at your desk, in cable for coffee or on your way to a suffer.
Who uses digital asset management software?
ad agencies, creative teams, non-profits, and ecommerce companies are just some examples of organizations that would use a DAM. Freelance creatives such as photographers and designers often use personal digital asset management for storing, sharing, and organizing their files. Anything that ’ s digital and has metadata is a digital asset. So anyone whose job or project involves patronize use of digital media or files will probably use a DAM.
What are the capabilities of digital asset management software?
Digital asset management software stores digital assets in a centralize library. Most digital asset management systems provide extra features such as mechanically adding metadata tags, creating smart albums, and tracking of asset licenses. Digital asset management software typically works with both mac and windows.
Do I Need A Digital Asset Manager?
I ’ ll solution that question with three more questions. Do you… …manage creative teams ? …work on a decentralized team ?
Read more: You don’t Need Digital Asset Management if …
…work with multiple vendors, clients, or partners ? If you answered “ Yes ” to any of these three questions, you could likely benefit from digital asset management software. here are some of the benefits it can provide :
- Everyone can access the same file versions. Using media management software means that everyone has access to the most up-to-date version that’s stored and shared on the cloud. Without a digital assets management system, you’re emailing files back and forth, which makes it hard to keep everyone up to date on the latest changes.
- You can refer to the version history and track revisions. Take advantage of how digital assets management systems store previous versions of your work—it’s all backed up in the system, so you can revert back to a previous version. This is useful when new changes don’t get approval and you’d like to quickly revert to the older version.
- You can use metadata to organize and locate assets. Media assets management software stores images, logos, video, and other files along with their metadata (embedded/enriched info, tech specs, copyright, origin, etc.). This means you can search for and quickly locate a file based on metadata, and you can use custom field to help label and organize assets.
What’s Your Favorite Digital Asset Management Software?
In the modern age, managing digital assets is a boastful part of managing projects. The above are some suggestions but, as constantly, not a comprehensive tilt. What tools or software do you use for creative project management that are missing from my asset management tools comparison ? I ’ five hundred love to see your suggestions in the comments.