admission to the School of Nursing is a prerequisite to all nursing courses ( or blessing by the School of Nursing Dean ) .
Students must apply for admission to the School of Nursing. The deadline for submitting application for entrance fee in the fall semester is the first base week of February of the same year. The deadline for submitting lotion for admission in the spring semester is the beginning week of September. Students are required to take a breastfeed entree assessment examination. late applications will be reviewed after initial entrance fee decisions are made .
The School of Nursing will review all applications with at least 60 hours completed with a minimum accumulative grade item average ( GPA ) of 3.0 based on a 4.0 scale. Courses in the append for major ( see nursing degree plan ) completed with a letter grade less than “ C, ” or 2.0 on a 4.0 scale, will not be accepted toward the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree.
Read more: How Can I Learn the Quran While Working?
Five courses listed under supplement for the Major ( not including labs ) must be completed before turning in the application for admission. All courses listed under the Supplement for the Major must be completed before entering the School of Nursing. Students must complete all early prerequisite courses within the first year of admission to the School of Nursing if in 2016-17 catalog or anterior. Students in catalogue class 2017-18 or late must complete all other prerequisite courses before entering the School of Nursing .
Once accepted to the School of Nursing, students must submit the following:
- Certified Nursing Assistant Certificate
- Essential performance form (provided by the School of Nursing) that attests to the ability of the student to meet emotional, cognitive, and physical requirements of the program
- Proof of immunizations and lab tests (a list will be provided by the School of Nursing)
- Documentation of Health Insurance
- Drug screen at a designated lab (further information is provided by the School of Nursing). Students may also be required to submit to random drug screenings in order to practice in the clinical facilities.
- Completed criminal background check required by the Texas Board of Nursing
- Cleared clinical background check required by the clinical facilities (further information is provided by the School of Nursing).
- Proof of current CPR certification (American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers is required).
- Professional liability insurance (included in the student’s tuition costs) is required
Applicants seeking admission by transfer must meet all of the like standards required of those students who have matriculated at ACU. In order for a scholar to meet program requirements for the completion of the BSN course of study, the scholar must demonstrate minimal competence in nursing theory and practice. This competence is demonstrated through successful grade on the name die examination .
Students seeking the Bachelor of Science in Nursing ( BSN ) may take a minor outside the School of Nursing. This minor is NOT required as a contribution of the BSN degree, and citation hours beyond the minimum hours required may be needed to complete the minor .